- What is a Platinum Publisher?
- What's the benefit of upgrading to be a Platinum Publisher?
- How much does it cost to be a Platinum Publisher?
- What happens if I add more scores after becoming a Platinum Publisher?
- How do I upgrade to be a Platinum Publisher?
- How do I pay for a Platinum Publisher subscription?
- Are there any entry requirements to be accepted as a Platinum Publisher?
- How long does a Platinum Publisher subscription last?
- How do I cancel my Platinum Publisher subscription?
What is a Platinum Publisher?
A Platinum Publisher on Score Exchange is a publisher who has upgraded their account in order to get more exposure for their music. In return for promoting music from Platinum Publishers there is a monthly subscription fee to pay.
What's the benefit of upgrading to be a Platinum Publisher?
Being a platinum publisher is all about getting your music exposed to more people. By upgrading, your music will appear in prominent locations on Score Exchange, and we will feature new scores that you publish on Score Exchange's FaceBook and Twitter profiles.
|Standard Sellers||Platinum Publishers|
|Max number of scores||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Get your own custom profile page|
|Scores highlighted in search results|
|Scores appear in the 'featured scores' section at the top of the home page|
|Scores appear in the 'featured scores' section at the top of relevant category pages|
|Newly published scores are featured on the Score Exchange twitter and Facebook pages|
|Monthly fee||Free||from $3.99|
How much does it cost to be a Platinum Publisher?
There is a monthly subscription fee to pay to be a Platinum Publisher. The subscription fee depends on the number of scores that you have on Score Exchange. This makes it fairer to small publishers with a small number of scores and great value for larger publishers with lots of scores.
The subscription fee for any given month is determined by the maximum number of scores that you had available in the previous calendar month.
|Number of scores||Monthly cost|
This prices exclude VAT. Customers in Europe will also need to pay VAT in the usual way.
What happens if I add more scores after becoming a Platinum Publisher?
If you add more scores, then the cost of your subscription might increase in the next month because the cost of your monthly subscription is based on the maximum number of scores that you had available at Score Exchange in the previous calendar month:
|Number of scores||Monthly cost|
- During July you had 98 scores available, so your subscription cost in August was $9.99.
- During August you published a extra 20 scores making 118 scores available. Then a few days later you removed 30 old scores making 88 scores available. This made the maximum number of scores available in August 118, so the subscription cost in September would be $19.99.
- In September you make no more changes, so the cost of the subscription in October is $9.99, because the maximum number of scores you had available in September was 88.
How do I upgrade to be a Platinum Publisher?
Becoming a Platinum Publisher is easy! Just follow these two steps:
- Have a seller account at Score Exchange. If you don't have an account yet, visit The My account page to get started.
- Visit the My account page, and click the 'upgrade' button to upgrade you account to be a Platinum Publisher.
The act of upgrading your seller account simply enables the platinum publisher options for you but you do not pay anything until you activate your platinum subscription by paying the first months subscription fee.
How do I pay for a Platinum Publisher subscription?
Your Platinum Publisher subscription can be paid for using Score Exchange credits, or the available funds in your seller account. It's not possible to pay for your subscription using your credit card or PayPal. We don't hold your credit card or bank details so there's no extra security to worry about.
Once you have activated your Platinum Publisher subscription the subscription will renew on the same date each month until you cancel the renewal. You can choose which payment method (credits or your seller account) you would like to use as the primary and backup payment options using the My platinum subscription page. When the subscription is renewed we will send you a full invoice for your records.
If neither your primary or backup payment methods has enough funds to pay for the subscription renewal, then your subscription will become inactive until you manually reactivate it again.
Are there any entry requirements to be accepted as a Platinum Publisher?
No, everyone is welcome to become a Platinum Publisher! The only requirement is that you pay for the monthly subscription.
Just as with selling on Score Exchange generally, we do not impose any restrictions on who can sell music, or who can be a Platinum Publisher.
How long does a Platinum Publisher subscription last?
A subscription lasts for one calendar month and automatically renews on the same date each month. There are no long-term contracts.
You can cancel the automatic subscription renewal at any time, using the My platinum subscription page.
How do I cancel my Platinum Publisher subscription?
You can cancel your Platinum Publisher subscription renewal at any time using the My platinum subscription page:
- Turn off the automatic renewal of your subscription using the option at the bottom of the page.
- Wait for your monthly subscription to finish.
- Visit your My account page where you now have the option to downgrade your account to a regular seller account.