Back to main help page

The Score Exchange Reseller Network

What is the Score Exchange Reseller Network?

The Score Exchange Reseller Network is a network of carefully selected partners who work with Score Exchange to promote your music to a wider audience via their own outlets or marketplaces.

In the same way as selling directly on Score Exchange there are no fees to pay for using the Reseller Network to promote your music, although there are different payment terms when your music is sold. See the Terms and Conditions for Publishers for more details.

The Reseller Network currently contains:

  • Avid Scorch for iPad - an app for Apple iPad that allows users to search for and purchase music from various music publishers.

All scores can be made available via the reseller network.

You can choose not to make your music available to our resellers if you wish, although we strongly recommend that you allow your music to be publicised as widely as possible.

Is selling via the Score Exchange Reseller Network different from selling directly on Score Exchange?

Yes, there are some differences between selling directly on Score Exchange and selling via the Reseller Network.

Payment time scale

When one of your scores is sold via the Reseller Network, we can not pass your share of the sale price back to you as quickly as we can when music is sold directly on Score Exchange. This is due to the additional time required to collect the funds from each reseller, who initially have to collect the payment from their customers.

Whereas Score Exchange will pay you for a sale directly on Score Exchange within 30 days of the 15th of the month after your music was sold, the payment for a sale via the Score Exchange Reseller Network will take an additional month to be received.

Example 1: One of your scores is sold on the 1st of April directly on Score Exchange. You will be paid by Score Exchange for this sale within 30 days of the 15th of May.
Example 2: One of your scores is sold on the 1st of April via the Reseller Network. You will be paid by Score Exchange for this sale within 30 days of the 15th of June.

Share of sale price

You will receive less money for a sale of your music via the Reseller Network when compared with a sale directly on Score Exchange. Our resellers receive a discount of 40% from the recommended retail price for each score that they sell. Score Exchange will pay you the remaining 60% of the sale price less your usual selling discount. See appendix A of the Terms and Conditions for Publishers for more details about how your discount is calculated.

Do I have to make my music available via the Score Exchange Reseller Network?

No. If you wish to restrict your music to being available on ScoreExchange.com only then you can do so.

You can specify a default option for all of your scores from the My account page. For each score that you publish on Score Exchange you can override this default setting to either allow or disallow that particular score. The option for overriding the Reseller Network availability on a per-score basis can be found when editing the score details, accessed from the My scores page.

It's worth noting that if you choose not to allow your music to be made available via the Score Exchange Reseller Network then you will be limiting the publicity and potential sales that you will receive.

How do I set the price of my music on the Score Exchange Reseller Network?

The recommended retail price that you set for each of your scores while editing the score details, will be suggested to each reseller as the selling price for that score. Each reseller is free to sell your music for any price they choose, but we will strongly suggest that they to stick to your recommend price.

The actual selling price of your music via each reseller will not affect the amount of money that you receive for each sale as this is calculated directly from the recommended price that you have set.

How do I know if my music is sold via the Score Exchange Reseller Network?

Sales of your music are reported on the Financial statement page of the My account section. This statement shows what has been sold and where it was sold. Note that there might be a delay of up to 48 hours in reporting a sale made via the Reseller Network.

How do I get paid when my music is sold via the Score Exchange Reseller Network?

You will be paid for your music sold via the Score Exchange Reseller Network in the same way as for sales directly on Score Exchange, in that we will raise an invoice from you to us, and we will send payment using PayPal to the address that you have specified.

The difference is the amount that you will receive for each sale, and the time scale in which you will receive the payment:

Score Exchange Resellers will receive a discount of 40% from the recommended retail price that you set. You will receive the remaining 60% of the recommended retail price less your current selling discount. See appendix A of the Terms and Conditions for Publishers for more details about how your selling discount is calculated.

For sales made via the Reseller Network, Score Exchange will pay you within 30 days of the second month after the sale took place. This is an additional month when compared to sales directly on Score Exchange. See section 3.2 of the Terms and Conditions for Publishers for more details.