Violin 1 from L’aube naît (A. Jacques / Victor Hugo)
Dawn is breaking
Title: Dawn is breaking Translation (AJ):
1. Dawn is breaking, and your door is closed, My darling why slumber? At the hour when the rose wakes up Are you not going to awaken?
Chorus: Oh my charming one Listen here To the lover who sings And also cries!
2. Everything knocks at your blessed door, Dawn says: "I am the day", The bird says: "I am harmony", And my heart says: "I am love!"
3. I adore you as an angel and love you as a woman. God, who by you, has completed me, Has made my love for your soul, And my eyes for your beauty!
Hi Alain, hope you enjoy much sunshine these two days.
I’ve came out with something that I quite like and put it in your DropBox. Please excuse me for taking a bit longer than I thought. I had a bit of writer blocks and didn’t like any of my arrangements. It was tricky and I’ve decided to leave it really simple by taking away all my melodic ideas. So in this version you will hear: 1. Introduction - combination of simple guitar comping style with a bit of melody at the end of the intro.
2. Instead of changing the time signature 6/8 then 3/8 as we discussed. I’ve added a bar of imperfect cadence (fifth chord) before the return of verse. And to make it more expressive but less movement, I’ve also added some tempo changes. You will see the first time, tempo change is at 100, second time is 105. I just thought by making the tempo at 105 at the second return to the verse rather than keeping it the same, it would helps to build up slightly and give a bit more emotion to it. The two times same tempo approach might "dilute" the emotion and the flow of the music emotionally. In short, vary tempo changes gives a more natural and real effect like you’re hearing it from a real player.
3. Some other minor changes at guitar and violin.
Hope you like it and we’ll talk soon.
Buy this part now!
You have already purchased this part. To download and print the PDF file of this part, click the 'Download & Print' button below.
The purchases page in your account also shows your items available to print.
This part is free!
This part is available free of charge.
Just click the 'Download & Print' button below.
Which method of viewing music should I use?
Score Exchange has two methods to display previews of music: seView which uses regular html and javascipt and the Scorch plug-in from Avid which needs to be downloaded and installed onto your computer. Both have advantages and disadvantages:
You do not need to install any additional software to use seView.
Scorch is a free plug-in from Avid for displaying and printing music. It can also play the music that you're seeing. As modern web browsers are updated, Scorch is no longer compatible with many browsers. Scorch has never been compatible with mobile devices and some web browsers on Mac computers.
If your web browser does not install Scorch automatically, you can click here to download and install scorch manually.
Buy this part now!
You have already purchased this part. To download and print the PDF file of this score, click the 'Download & Print' button above. The purchases page in your account also shows your items available to print.
This part is free!
This part is available free of charge. Just click the 'Download & Print' button above.
In order to submit this part to ScoreExchange.com Alain Jacques has declared that they own the copyright to this work in its entirety or that they have been granted permission from the copyright holder to use their work. If you believe that this part should be not available here because it infringes your or someone elses copyright, please report this part using the copyright abuse form.