Pedals from Watts' Cradle Carol
for SATB choir and organ
A simple and lyrical setting of Isaac Watt's "Cradle Hymn" for SATB choir and organ by Philip Le Bas.
1. Hush, my dear; lie still and slumber Holy angels guard thy bed; Heavenly blessings, without number, Gently falling on thy head. Sleep, my babe! Thy food and raiment, House and home, thy friends provide, All without thy care or payment; All thy wants are well supplied.
2. How much better thou'rt attended Than the Son of God could be, When from heaven he descended, And became a child like thee! Soft and easy is thy cradle; Coarse and hard thy Saviour lay, When his birthplace was a stable, And his softest bed was hay.
3. Was there nothing but a manger Cursed sinners could afford To receive the heavenly Stranger? Did they thus affront the Lord? Soft, my child! I did not chide thee, Though my song may sound too hard 'Tis thy mother sits beside thee, And her arms shall be thy guard.
4. See the kindly shepherds round him, Telling wonders from the sky; There they sought him, there they found him, With his virgin mother nigh. See the lovely Babe addressing; Lovely Infant! how he smiled! When he wept, his mother's blessing Soothed and hushed the holy Child.
5. Lo! he slumbers in a manger, Where the horned oxen fed Peace, my darling! here's no danger Here's no ox a-near thy bed. May'st thou live to know and fear him, Trust and love him, all thy days; Then go dwell forever near him, See his face, and sing his praise.
Buy this part now!
The purchases page in your account also shows your items available to print.
This part is free!
Which method of viewing music should I use?
You do not need to install any additional software to use seView.
In order to submit this part to ScoreExchange.com Philip Le Bas has declared that they own the copyright to this work in its entirety or that they have been granted permission from the copyright holder to use their work. If you believe that this part should be not available here because it infringes your or someone elses copyright, please report this part using the copyright abuse form.