This is part one of the "First position tutor for the cello"
This book has different pieces and exercises, along with some theory explanations. All the exercises and pieces are in the First Position. It is composed by two parts:
- Part One is an introduction to cello history and anatomy, followed by exercises and fingering charts, beginning in C Major, all in the First position. After this you have a few pieces for solo cello.
- Part Two is composed by several pieces fo cello with piano accompaniment.
The concepts and techniques are learned very progressively. The pieces in part two become progressively bigger and harder. The pieces in the book are well known classical themes from famous composers, popular folk songs from several countries, important pieces from cello repertoire and pieces by the author. Contents
- Part 1
- History of the Cello
- Cello Parts and accessories
- C Major Fingering chart in First Position
- Exercise for the First Position: C Major
- Exercise for the Bow: C Major
- Rhythm Exercises
- Arpeggios Exercises: C Major and G Major
-Etude 1 by Dotzauer: First position C Major
- Extensions exercise E Major
-"Wie komm ich denn zur Tur herein", J. Brahms: cello solo
- "Twinkle, twinkle little star", Mozart: cello solo
- "Eu tenho um piao", trad. portuguese; arr. Carla Louro: cello solo
- "Jingle Bells", Christmas song; arr. Carla Louro: cello solo