Preview individual parts:
Instant downloadYou are purchasing high quality sheet music PDF files suitable for printing or viewing on digital devices.
This is Part Two of the "First position tutor for the cello"
Cello parts are included.
This book has different pieces and exercises, along with some theory explanations. All the exercises and pieces are in the First Position. It is composed by two parts:
- Part One is an introduction to cello history and anatomy, followed by exercises and fingering charts, beginning in C Major, all in the First position. After this you have a few pieces for solo cello.
- Part Two is composed by several pieces fo cello with piano accompaniment, all in First position.
The concepts and techniques are learned very progressively. The pieces in part two become progressively bigger and harder. The pieces in the book are well known classical themes from famous composers, popular folk songs from several countries, important pieces from cello repertoire and pieces by the author.
- "Ode To Joy", Beethoven: cello and piano
- G Major Fingering chart in First Position
- "Au Clair de la lune", trad. French song: cello and piano
- "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik", Mozart: cello and piano
- D Major Fingering chart in First Position: strings D and A
- "Old Macdonald had a farm" : children song, cello and piano
- D Major Fingering chart in First Position: strings C and G
- "Tristesse", Chopin: cello and piano
- G Minor Fingering chart in First Position: extensions
- "Senhora do Almurtão", trad. Portuguese arr. Carla Louro: cello and piano
- "Morning Song" Grieg: cello and piano
- "Blues in G", Carla Louro: cello and piano
- "Scarborough Fair", Trad. English arr. Carla Louro: cello and piano
- "Tango in A", Carla Louro: cello and piano
- "Mourning", G. Goltermann: cello and piano