This is a arrangment for beginning piano students of Farewell to Thee.
This piece is arranged with simplified notation to meet the Paint with Piano Blue Level Requirements. You can find more information about the curriculum (currently under development) at http://www.Paintwithpiano.com. I really encourage you to try this out with young students, or just play it yourself to develop your keyboard harmony skills.
The right hand plays the melody and the L.H. play keyboard harmony accompaniment figures.
Paint with Piano uses a consistent color scheme.
- Think of this notation as a movable Do staff
- Red = Tonic (rest)
- Blue = Dominant (tension)
- Yellow = Sub Dominant (intensifier)
- Orange = Sub Mediant (weak rest or weak intensifier i.e. red+yellow)
- Purple = Mediant (weak rest or weak intensifier i.e. Red+Blue)
- Dark Yellow = Super Tonic (intensifier)
- Dark Blue = Leading Tone (tension)
- Green = Applied chords
- Black = Nonharmonic tones
Reviews of Farewell to Thee
You might also like...