Which method of viewing music should I use?
Score Exchange has two methods to display previews of music: seView which uses regular html and javascipt and the Scorch plug-in from Avid which needs to be downloaded and installed onto your computer. Both have advantages and disadvantages:
You do not need to install any additional software to use seView.
Scorch is a free plug-in from Avid for displaying and printing music. It can also play the music that you're seeing. As modern web browsers are updated, Scorch is no longer compatible with many browsers. Scorch has never been compatible with mobile devices and some web browsers on Mac computers.
If your web browser does not install Scorch automatically, you can click here to download and install scorch manually.
The static preview shows a basic image of the first page.
The interactive preview also shows a preview of the first page, but it's a bit slower to load. The preview is displayed using the Sibelius Cloud Publishing technology from Avid. With most scores, this technology will provide a higher quality preview, as well as being able to switch to full screen mode and also play the displayed music to you.
Printing after purchase
After you have purchased this item the Cloud Publishing technology is utilised to provide the printing mechanism for the music. As such, we recommend checking that the Interactive Preview displays correctly on your device before committing to a purchase.
This score is free!
This score is available free of charge. Just click the 'Download & Print' button above.
Buy this score now!
Buy this score and parts now!
You have already purchased this score. To download and print the PDF file of this score, click the 'Download & Print' button above. The purchases page in your account also shows your items available to print.
Volume 1 of our Christmas collection (the "Green Book") contains ten classic Christmas carols that both you and your audience are sure to love.
Be sure to also check out Volumes 2 and 3, each with 10 different carols! (See the Related Scores above)
These holiday favorites can be played with anywhere from 1 to 7 parts, suitable for a single solo, a chamber group, a pickup group for church choir accompaniment, or a full band or orchestra (school, community, or professional). This is one of the most versatile collections you'll ever use!
The carols included in Volume 1 are:
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- Away in a Manger (Mueller)
- God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
- Joy to the World
- O Christmas Tree (O Tannenbaum)
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- Silent Night
- We Three Kings
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
Each carol is in its original key, so it is easy to combine these with your own choir or piano/organ parts. Each carol also includes a new original descant counter-melody to feature your soloists and add a unique sound to your performance.
This collection is available in full-score books for C, Bb, Eb, and F instruments (see the Related Scores above for the transposed scores). This allows players to trade parts on different verses and songs. All four transpositions work together, so you can have different instruments playing from different books. Other combinations of instruments, along with individual parts and octave adjustments, are available.
The seven part ranges and descriptions are:
- Part 1 (F4 - G5): descant. This is a new original counter-melody, traditionally only played on the final verse, but you can play it whenever you want.
- Part 2 (Bb3 - E5): main melody. Remember, main melody is part 2, not part 1.
- Part 3 (A3 - B4): harmony.
- Part 4 (D3 - E4): harmony.
- Part 5 (F2 - B3): harmony.
- Part 6 (D2 - F3): harmony.
- Part 7 (Bb2 - E4): melody down 1 octave. This doubles the melody, or gives the melody to a lower instrument while all others play harmony.
For each size ensemble, you can mix and match any parts as long as you include at least one melody. A few possibilities:
- Solo: Part 2.
- Duet: Part 2 and any other part.
- Trio: Part 2 and any two harmonies. Part 1, 2, any one harmony.
- Quartet: Part 2, 3, 4, 5 (standard SATB voicing). Part 2 and any three harmonies. Part 1, 2, any two harmonies.
- Quintet: Part 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (full harmony). Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 6. Part 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.
- Sextet: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (full harmony with descant). Part 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.
- Septet: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
For anything not permitted by the above licence then you should contact the publisher first to obtain permission.
Reviews of Christmas Carols for All, Volume 1 (for Eb instruments)
You might also like...