CONSTELLATION CAPERS is a suite of ?serially easy listening music? in six movements, each dedicated to one of my family or friends.
1. Vulpecula et Anser (The Fox and The Goose)dedicated to Bill Jones - formerly titular Pro- fessor of Astronomy at Sheffiled Hallam University. Bill and I started the Astra Club at school some 50 years ago.
2. Lyra (The Lyre) dedicated to Edwin Prime, who introduced me to Berg's Violin Concerto at school.
3. Apus (The Bird of Paradise), dedicated to my younger son, Peter, who is a fanatical sup- porter of Manchester United Football Club
4. Ara (The Altar) dedicated to Fr. Philip Miller, a former Assistant Curate of mine, who shares my abhorrence of priestly prattle and religious cant.
5.Vela (The Sail) dedicated to my darling wife of 41 years, Eleanor.
6. Fornax (The Chemical Furnace) dedicated to John Peace, friend from university days and pianist extraordinary.
(A single 12-note series permeates the whole melodic and harmonic structures of the work.
My manipulation of this is purely personal. But you are welcome to investigate, if you feel the need to do so!)