16 Favourite Hymns Vol.2 for solo Descant or Soprano Recorder is a collection of commonly performed traditional hymns. They are simply arranged for Descant or Soprano Recorder with separate piano accompaniment and chord symbols provided in the same file.
16 Favourite Hymns Vol.2 for solo Descant or Soprano Recorder are fully compatible with the other Brass, Woodwind and String volumes in the series. The sample recording is from the Clarinet version of these arrangements.
· There are also duet and quartet versions available of the same hymns, in the same keys, so that no matter what instrument you play they will fit together.
· This makes them ideal for building repertoire for church bands and other ensembles.
· The keys chosen are the standard singing keys
The hymns are in alphabetical order and are as follows
· Hail to the Lord’s Anointed, (Ellacombe)
· He who would Valiant Be, (Monk’s Gate)
· Holiness by Faith in Jesus, (Rousseau)
· How Sweet the Name, (Lloyd)
· I Vow to Thee My Country, (Thaxted)
· I Will Sing the Wondrous Story, (Hyfrodol)
· Just a Closer Walk with Thee, (Closer Walk)
· The King of Love, (Dominus Regit Me)
· The Lord’s My Shepherd, (Crimond)
· Love Divine, (Austrian Hymn, Haydn)
· Nearer My God to Thee, (Bethany)
· Oh Love that will not Let Me Go, (St Margaret)
· Purer Yet Purer, (Lyndhurst)
· Shall We Gather by the River,
· There is a Green Hill, (Horsley)
· When I Survey the Wondrous Cross, (Rockingham)
Volume 1 contains another 16 hymns arranged in the same way and is available via my home page