Christopher Maxim (b.1971) is published in the UK by Banks, Church Organ World, Fagus, The Royal School of Church Music and Stainer & Bell. His principal publisher is Paraclete Press (USA) who issue many of his choral pieces and most of his organ music.
Chris's music is performed around the world. It has been broadcast on BBC and American radio, recorded on several CDs, and featured in music festivals. It has been performed by such notable musicians as Roderick Williams, Dr John Kitchen, and the Latvian Radio Choir; and heard in many prestigious venues including St Paul's Cathedral, Edinburgh's Usher Hall, and the former Wanamaker Store (Macey's Center City) in Philadelphia, USA.
Chris welcomes commissions and many have been published by the companies listed above. To commission a composition or arrangement, please visit his website.
Please note that anthems, motets and other larger choral pieces on this site are priced as they are because the purchaser is given permission to make multiple copies for their choir.
If you perform Chris's music, please email him to let him know via the 'Contact Seller' link on this page. He is very grateful to musicians who have contacted him from as far away as Australia, Canada, South Africa and the USA.
YouTube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrismaxim1
- A composer of real inventiveness (Martin Clarke, Organists' Review)
- Idiomatic, enjoyable and satisfying music (Huw Morgan, Church Music Quarterly)
- A distinctive and characterful voice (Francis O'Gorman, Organists' Review)
- Skilfully composed music (Stephen Pattinson, Church Music Quarterly)
- A composer who is a dab hand at capturing the essence of the carol tradition (Rebecca Tavener, Organists' Review)
- A beguiling fluidity of musical effect (James L. Montgomery, Church Music Quarterly)
- Christopher Maxim clearly understands what works well for choirs and organists (Claire Hobbs, Organists' Review)
- An individual voice (Michael Overbury, Organists' Review)